The most rewarding game of Pontoon Blackjack
Pontoon is considered to be a British Variant of the worldwide sensation by the name of "21" the most popular blackjack game in the casinos of America. The rules of the British version are fully applicable apart from the certain changes that were made to the game.
- A game of Pontoon is played with a deck of 48 cards without Joker's and 4 10's.
- A Pontoon is achieved when the first cards are an Ace with a combination of a Jack, Queen or a King.
- The main goal of the game is to get a score of 21 or as close as possible without getting more.
- The dealer's job is to draw 17 or more based on the circumstances, for comparison in Blackjack the dealer must stand on 17.
- The players have a chance to surrender only if the dealer is dealt an ace as one of the first cards. As worst case scenario if the dealer gets a Pontoon the game will even out to a loss on the player's side.
- Players have a chance of doubling on two of the first cards. The first cards must include an Ace which will value to 1 instead of 11. In other cases such as the dealer's Pontoon only the first bet will be collected upon a loss. The players also have a chance to double down on any split. Upon doubling the player has a choice of playing or losing the first placed bet.
"Pontoon Payout Odds"
Due to the highest payout odds Pontoon is considered to be a game of most profit.
- A Pontoon pays 3 to 2
- cards = 21 pay 3 to 2 (Pontoon)
- Mixed 8, 6 or 7 pay 3 to 2 (Pontoon)
- Mixed 7, 7, 7 pay 3 to 2 (Pontoon)
- cards = 21 pay 2 to 1
- Mixed 8, 6 or 7 pay 2 to 1 (no Spades)
- Mixed 7, 7, 7 pay 2 to 1 (no Spades)
- pay 3 to 1
- or 7 pay 3 to 1 (only Spades)
- pay 3 to 1 (only Spades)
- Other bets pay 1 to 1
Online Casinos Guide